Friday, April 20, 2007

My Spider-senses are tingling!



I pulled myself from procrastinating for a minute, to check up on some gaming news. Surprisingly enough for me, I found that my two favourite things have joined forces and are looking to aid me in my fight against studying. The first Spider-Man 3 trailer for Wii has surfaced. I'm on dial up, and the only option IGN has for me is to stream it...Ya, so I haven't seen it yet, but I'll get back to you guys tomorrow, when it's loaded...hopefully.

Update: Apparently IGN has embedding features now?
Added trailer. Hit the jump for impressions

I've got to say that after reading Matt Cassamassina's impressions with the title I was a bit worried that this title was going to suffer the same fate as most others: Plays well, looks awful.
And you just don't mess with my Spider-Man. Luckily though, after watching the video I can say that its a big improvement over the previous Spider-man game. While not being comparable to the 360 and PS3 versions it is definitely looking better than I had originally thought it would.

Vicarious Visions is working on the title and that had me a bit worried for the visuals. Let's face it- Ultimate Alliance was just as fun to look at as Rosie O'Donnell on the beach, and I don't care if your with Green Peace, that is NOT FUN too look at. Surprisingly though Spider-Man looks pretty good, the high contrast lighting works well to define the character and atmosphere. While the buildings leave me wanting more, and the special effects are a bit forgetable (from what I can see in the trailer) I was expecting worse. I geuss what I'm trying to say is, with lowered expectations comes great respon- surprises...

While I think the Wii is capable of more, this will do for now. Oh ya, and the Bruce Campbell narration is a very nice touch.

No comments: