Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Resident Evil Wii -actually unveiled this time!



Famitsu is reporting that the rumoured Wii edition of Resident Evil 4 is on the way. It features all the additions of the PS2 version, and although they are adding a trailer for the upcoming Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles , there was no mention of any more additional content for the Wii. Players will be able to take aim thanks to the remotes IR functionality . Press B and you gun will come up - No run and gun as was previously speculated (Amen!). Pressing A, will presumably fire. Interestingly enough, it you swing the remote without pressing B Leon will swing his knife. Hope they nail this mechanic, sounds fun.

The big news though, is about Umbrella Chronicles. The game will, outline the fall of Umbrella which is enough to make any RE fanboy squeal- but theres a catch...

The game seems to be an on rails shooter. Much like House of the Dead, or Time Crisis. Good news for me since I love light gun games, but I'm not sure how well this will translate to the series. The fanbase is somewhat torn , but I believe for the most part they're pretty disappointed.

I'm probably going to pick up both of these titles seeing as I missed the Gamecube version of RE4 and I do have faith in Umbrella Chronicles.

via Destructoid (screens included!)